Welcome
Login

DrGregDVM - Snail Bait /Metaldehyde Poisoning in Dogs

Featured video
You need to have the Flash Player installed and a browser with JavaScript support.

Thanks! Share it with your friends!

URL

You disliked this video. Thanks for the feedback!

URL


Published by in Dog Videos Vet Videos
502 Views

Description

Snails eat up gardens each spring and gardeners protect their flowers and vegetables with snail baiit. Snail Bait with metaldehyde is toxic to pets. Dogs often eat it because it looks like dry dog food pellets. Within an hour they start to quiver. If you think your dog has eaten snail bait take it to the vet ER. If you are more than an hour away, you can induce vomiting as long as your dog is alert. Dogs can also be wetted down to prevent high temperatures associated with quivering and seizures.

Show more

Post your comment

Sign in or sign up to post comments.

Comments

Be the first to comment
RSS